10.07.2009

On the way home





I guess that I am one of the fortunate ones. Even though I have a small commute to and from work, I don't have to drive in traffic jams and I'm not choked by the exhaust fumes being belched out by buses and automobiles. I get to drive through the country. Farms, fields and forests. Animals, corn and barns.

Today, I put my camera in the car with me when I left for work. Daylight is starting to leave us so much earlier these days. I hoped to be able to get some photos that were painted by the last light of day, what they call the "golden hour." "Typically, lighting is softer and warmer in hue, and shadows are longer. When the Sun is near the horizon, sunlight travels through more of the atmosphere, reducing its intensity, so that more of the illumination comes from the sky. More blue light is scattered, so that light from the Sun appears more reddish. And the Sun's small angle with the horizon produces longer shadows." Taken from Wikipedia

My definition: God puts his handiwork on display with the sun setting low in the sky, touching the fields and the trees and adding that perfect light.

I really am fortunate to get to experience this, I just need to remember to slow down and take it in every one in a while.

No comments: