9.30.2009

Falling Fast

Last week I was driving through the usual farm country on my way to and from work, noticing how yellow the soybean fields had turned and thinking to myself that I should probably take some pictures of this beautiful yellow field against the green of the surrounding trees and the blue of the sky...Little did I know that my delay in doing so has led to fields filled with drying foliage and the green trees are turning to the shades of fall; the bright yellow, orange and shades in between.

This means that fall is here. It's not just headed this way, it's full-on here. I guess if I hadn't been so busy I would have noticed that we are now in the last day of September. Tomorrow is October 1st. Granted, I've been thinking about Halloween and thinking about pulling out my decorations and John has been bouncing around the house like a school kid with the start of hunting season. All of these indicators of the season upon us. But I was too busy to notice.

Soon, those fields will be bare. Picked clean of the corn and beans that have painted the fields as I fly by from work to home and back. I do love fall with the weather beginning to cool, the orange pumpkins, the changing leaves, farmers busy in their fields. Yet, once again, I'm not ready. I didn't get done the things I needed to get done when the air was warm and the leaves were green. Once again, I'm behind the 8-ball, playing catch-up.

But for now, I will enjoy the colors of the season and try to get caught up...just in time for Winter!

No comments: