10.21.2009

Addy do! Addy do!










Addy is about to turn two years old. I don't know where the time has gone.

Addy is really starting to develop her own personality! Her vocabulary is growing every day but she still isn't much bigger than a minute!

"Addy, I love you" I say to her. She responds "Addy love ma-ma," and she must also remind me that "Addy love papa." Like I ever doubted that!

The one phrase that she has developed very well is "Addy do!" As I'm sure you've figured out, any time she wants to do something herself, she lets you know by saying "Addy do!" Well, the last time she stayed with us, she felt she could brush her teeth by herself! So, I let "Addy do!"

She always gives me a reason to laugh and this last time she was over was no exception.

When we get to the bottom of the peanut butter jar, we always give the jar to the dogs. They are able to lick the bottom and sides of the jar and get any remnants that John may have left behind. I thought to myself, what better time to give them the jar than when Addy is here? I figured that way they'll leave her alone. Good idea!

A little while after I had given the boys the peanut butter jar, I was in the kitchen and heard Addy making a sound like she was licking the peanut butter out of the jar. I thought she was just making the noise, copying the dogs. Well imagine my surprise when she walked around the corner with the peanut butter jar in her hand! And yep, she really was licking the jar. GROSS!!! But it was pretty funny! I guess she figured if it was good enough for the boys, it was good enough for her, or maybe she just wanted to see what they were enjoying so much. Either way, she survived. A little dog slobber never hurt anybody, right? HA!

Every day I spend with her is a day full of discovery. A day full of laughter. A day filled with love. Her tiny hugs and sweet little kisses. And her favorite question..."papa?"

I can't wait to see her again!

No comments: