4.17.2009

A true day off






John's been on layoff for almost 12 weeks now and I've been unemployed for just over a week. Thursday we decided to take advantage of the absolutely gorgeous day and visit a local wildlife area.

We had no plan, no agenda, just took a stroll along the Huron River, taking in the beautiful sky and the beautiful things around us. I even got my first glimpse of a bald eagle in flight. I've seen them in the zoo, but never like this. I wasn't really sure what it was at first, then I saw the flip of that white tail and I knew! Too late, he was already gone!

We found an oddly round rock that I find hard to believe was weathered as perfectly round as it was and some disturbing decapitated dolls, but all-in-all, it was a beautiful stroll.

It's nice to know we have such wonders so close to home. Sometimes we just have to take the time to look for them.

No comments: