4.16.2009

My first trip to the tattoo parlor











Well, actually, it wasn't my first trip. My first trip was the day I stopped in to pay for my husband's tattoo. It was his Christmas present in 2007! No, I'm not just really slow at getting things posted, it did actually take him over a year to use it! He kept talking about it, but he never actually made the appointment. Blaine decided that he wanted a tattoo and he also thought that would be a good birthday present, so here we are. He and John decided on a date and the rest, they say, is history!

Since the smoking laws went into effect, it's been a long time since I've hung out anywhere that I come home reeking of smoke. Enter the tattoo place. I guess when you're in business for yourself, you can do whatever you want. One chair, one guy - who has been a tattoo artist for 30 years, even before 12 year olds started getting tattoos - one smokey joint.

We walked in with a picture and 2 1/2 hours later, my husband walked out with a tattoo. Of our dog. Not his wife, not a child, his dog! It isn't that we didn't love this dog, but he always talked about it and after we lost that dog, it was a given that it would be the image he wears forever on his left shoulder.

He didn't wince. I sat and watched, took pictures and was amazed. The black ink was first, no big deal. But when he started the white ink...I'm not all that into blood! That's all I'm going to say!

AWESOME TATTOO!!!

We took a break for lunch and then went back a couple hours later for Blaine's tattoo. Something a little more subtle, a cross with a banner and his last name. Neat design, the kids getting ready to leave for the Army. He's been working out like a machine. Now he bears this cross forever on his right shoulder.

I think John's pain tolerance was just a little more than Blaine's. He was a little more "animated" for lack of a better word.

His didn't take as long, but it was beautiful, none-the-less.

No tattoos for mom though. I'm a self-proclaimed wienie! No blood! No pain! No tattoo!

But my guys sure look cool with their new ink!

No comments: