4.19.2009

In search of more eagles...






We got so excited about the eagle that we saw on Thursday, that John got on line, did a little research and found a couple of places where eagles are supposed to be found. I say supposed to be found, because try as we might, the only thing that even resembled the presence of an eagle was a very large nest in a very tall tree a very long way away from where we were! But we got to take in some pretty scenery anyway!

I got up close to the little barn swallows that swoop around our yard on any given summer evening. I never knew they were such a brilliant shade of blue! I got close to a heron, both a white one and a gray one. I saw a beaver, that was new. And walked my behind off!!! (Oh if only it were that easy!)

We visited Old Woman Creek Nature Preserve and Sheldon Marsh, both in Huron, Ohio. Another trip close to home, with remarkable results.

I even took a picture of a snake! My telephoto lens gets me closer to any snake than I care to ever be! During our walk at Old Woman Creek, we came across some old farm equipment left to rust, neat picture of what looks like an iron dragon!

I guess that just goes to show you, you never know what you're going to find.

No comments: