4.20.2009

Job interviews and the scenic route!
















...if you're interested, be here at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning. Welcome words to someone looking for a job. However, when those words come from a place that is 2 hours away, 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning is NOT up there with my favorites! But I did it, correction, we did it! My sweet husband dragged himself out of bed with me at 5:00 a.m. and drove me to this, and I use this term loosely, "interview." 90 minutes later, my head spinning and still not having a real grasp of what this company wanted from me or was offering, we left.

We took the scenic route home. How else would we travel? We don't get out that much and a trip through downtown Cleveland on a beautiful, sunny spring morning was just the thing!!!

The architecture is amazing! There must be hundreds of old churches in Cleveland, all with this eloquent structure, huge spires, stone walls and stained glass. I could fill an entire day taking photos of these works of art!! It's really hard to get a good image of something like that with the modern conveniences of wiring, street lights, billboards, etc., etc.

We did stop near Case Western Reserve and take a few shots, we went into University Circle, which is fabulous! On our way out of town, we went through The Flats and decided to take Route 6 along Lake Erie's shores. We passed through one quaint little town after another, stopping in Lorain and Vermillion for some more photos.

It took longer to get home, but it was the same number of miles. We were exhausted by the time we got back, but it was a truly wonderful way to waste the better part of a day!

No comments: