11.16.2009

Where a dog can be a dog











I love my dogs, that's no secret. But the secret lies in the fact that sometimes I feel like a bad mom. Don't get me wrong, they are well fed, always in the house, they sleep on the couch (we've banished them from the bed) and they go places with us. We like to hike and we love to take the boys with us. They love to climb on the rocks and jump over fallen trees. But during the week, there's really no time to run. They won't stay in the yard and we can't just let them out for fear that they will get hit by a car and having been through that once, we can't deal with that ever again!

So yesterday we were trying to figure out where to go for our usual Sunday hike. I really wanted to take the boys someplace they could run. Off the leash!

We headed for "blue bridge" because the shale walls are so high and so steep, they're not going anywhere. There's water for Stetson since he's evidently part fish and just plenty of room for us to take them and let them exercise the freedom to run and play and be dogs!

As tired as they were when we headed for home, I think the trip was a success!

No comments: