4.27.2009

To My Friends...old friends, new friends, friends I haven' yet met


I believe they call it the "Butterfly Effect." Where a small change like a butterfly flapping it's wings in one part of the world sets off a tidal wave half way around the globe.

I think that's how our lives work. Maybe not on a scale that grand, but one event always effects something bigger, something God already had in mind.

I've been doing a lot of feeling sorry for myself since I lost my job, but things could be SO much worse.

Things get put into perspective when you find out what other people are going through. The ailing health of a child. The end of a marriage. A foreclosure on your home. My "problems" pale in comparison. But maybe I was meant to lose my job so that I could spend more time being there for my friends. Or maybe it was so I could make new friends that needed something or someone in their life at that very moment.

I have always believed that God puts people into our lives for a reason. It never ceases to amaze me that you can meet someone on-line and become fast friends, even though you've never met face-to-face. How when you spend a little time chatting with someone you find out how many things that you have in common.

I don't know what God has planned for me, but I'm happy to go along for the ride. Learning along the way, taking time to "smell the flowers." And I'm always happy to be there for my friends...my old friends, my new friends and the friends I haven't yet met.

No comments: