2.03.2009

Real, Live Christmas Tree




This year, I got to get a real tree! Not one of those go to the lot and pick one that's been on a truck, wrapped in plastic, shipped a thousand miles real trees, we went to the tree farm, picked our tree, cut it down and dragged it home.

I wanted a white pine, not those sharp little short needles, but the long flowing needles that are so soft and smell so good!!! Yes, my wonderful husband walked up and down the hills until his wife found just the right tree. Then he climbed under the tree on the snow-covered ground and cut that tree down for me.

It was perfect. I really mean it, it was perfect! No holes, no broken branches, no flat side, this thing was perfectly designed, so symmetrical and absolutely gorgeous!

Decorating the thing was quite a task, those pretty long needles aren't great for hanging heavy ornaments, but when it was finished, it was spectacular!

No comments: